Thursday, May 8, 2014

Inspiration May: Day 8

Today in Day 8 of inspiration May. I find my inspiration today no further than my backyard.


I have been blessed to grow up and live in rural Alabama most of my life. For four years, I did move off to college but still used this as a refuge to come to when I needed to relieve stress from living in the city (Birmingham) and for a few months when I had a teaching job away from home. I love calling this place home. All my worries disappear once I take a deep country air breath. I love to sit on the porch reading a good book, laying in the backyard soaking up some sun, or sitting out under the carport at night listening to the crickets chirp and lightning bugs flicker. It inspires me by having me let go of my problems and struggles and take in the beauty God has created before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment