Thursday, May 1, 2014

Inspiration May: Day 1

It has been 2.5 months since I last updated my blog here. Lately, I have been dealing with different emotions as I am back on the market looking for a teaching job closer to home. Sometimes it becomes frustrating filling out 6+ pages of applications and printing out other things to go with it all to end up being turned down or never to hear back from schools. So, I reached a stuck point in my life. It isn't the first time and more than likely won't be my last. I was browsing some apps on my iPad (obviously the free ones lol) and stumbled across one that was very interesting to me. It is called Unstuck. It will ask you questions about your "stuck moment" and give you feelings and scenarios that best fit your situation(s). I went through and answered all the questions, and the picture below is a snapshot of one of the tips it gave me to help me get unstuck.


I have realized that I am getting more frustrated with myself because I don't have something to keep my busy. When I was in school, I remember dreaming of a day when I didn't have deadlines to meet or loads of work to complete. Over the summer, I experienced this some, and it just didn't make me feel any better. I needed a "to-do list" or a deadline or a form to fill out. So, I went full on in looking for a teaching job practically anywhere in Central and North Alabama. Now, I have narrowed my searching field to being close to home. Honestly, there just isn't much here. So, I reached my stuck point again. Lately, I have been filling out more applications as more jobs start opening and have felt a sense of accomplishment once I can check everything off my application to-do lists. But still, I have felt just stuck. Many of you may have experienced this before or might even be going through it now. So, this month I am going to do my best to apply the tip above and look for things that inspire or encourage me. I challenge you to do this with me. You may just be stressed out and feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders. Sometimes I feel that way, and this week God reminded me just how blessed I am. 3 people in this Great State of Alabama lost their lives from tornadoes and severe storms. One rotation was heading directly this way, but once it crossed the county line it took a northwestern turn. I was truly worried about my grandma because she is in her 90s and lives alone just a couple of miles from us, so I believe God moved the storm just enough to the West to bypass us. Maybe you are feeling stuck and need encouragement. Whatever the case may be, just take 5-10 minutes each day to find something that inspires/encourages you. Take a picture of it. Keep a journal for this month and write down what it is or how it makes you feel. Draw a picture. Be yourself. God gave each of us different gifts, so use your gifts to express your feelings in whatever what best suits you.

To inspire you to get going, I am sharing my first inspiration to make things easier.


The Bible is my inspiration I can go to at any time to find what God wants to say to me or what I need to learn. I can find comfort when I am sad, answers when I am confused, and happiness knowing that God loves me. Being a preacher's kid (PK for short), I have quite a few Bibles. I guess you can say it is a weakness of mine to buy a Bible whenever they have them on sale at LifeWay, especially when it is a version I don't have. I'm not sure if we are supposed to have a "favorite" Bible, but this one is mine! It was on sale for like $5 at LifeWay one day, so I just bought it to add to my Bible collection. Once I was home, I scanned through it to see what it looked like and noticed how different it was from other daily Bible readings I had used before. I love to read, but I have always had trouble staying focused and motivated to finish them. Anyways, I was already intrigued because this is a chronological outline of the Bible in how the events actually happened and the daily readings were very short. I have learned so much from what I have read so far and after reading only one chapter in Genesis, I started writing down questions, comments, favorite verses, etc. on sticky notes and putting them in the Bible. I'm far from perfect and sometimes I don't read every day, but I look forward to reading the Bible now because I am really digging deep into it and looking for answers and learning new things I didn't know before. (Did you know that Job actually happened before Moses? I didn't until I read it!) Not that I am trying to get anyone to go out and buy this Bible, but if you are looking for a daily read that is interesting I recommend this one. You can find it at Amazon, Christianbook.com, LifeWay, or at your local Christian book store.

So remember, find things that inspire you! During this month I will not only have things that inspire me through my faith, but also other things that inspire me. At the end of the month, I hope to compile a list of my top 31.

Also, I encourage you to send me some of your favorite inspirations. Feel free to comment below or e-mail me at jaechelseadutton@gmail.com, and please feel free to send pictures, too! I would love to create a post of what inspires others! I believe when we allow God to show us the small (and big) things that inspire us that we can use them to encourage others. I hope you have a blessed day and find something that inspires you!

1 comment:

  1. THE BIBLE IS THE SOURCE FOR TRUTH! BY STEVE FINNELL


    If you are searching for the truth about God and His plan for mankind, where should you look? What is the only trustworthy source to find God's truth? Would it be creed books, Bible commentaries and a variety of other written works of men?

    THE HOLY BIBLE IS THE ONLY SOURCE OF ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

    Jeremiah 30:1-2 This word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying, 2 "Thus says the Lord, saying, the God of Israel, 'Write all the words which I have spoken to you in a book.

    The Lord did not tell Jeremiah to check with Billy Graham, Joesph Smith Jr., Gandhi or Saint Augustine and write down their words.


    Exodus 24:3-4 Then Moses came and recounted to the people all the words of the Lord and all the ordinances; and all the people answered with one voice and said, "All the words which the Lord has spoken we will do!" 4 Moses wrote down all the words of the Lord.......


    Moses did not write down everything that John Wesley, Brigham Young, and Buddha had said.


    Matthew 4:4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God!"


    Jesus said live by every word that comes from God. He did say say live by every word that comes from Pope Benedict XVI, Martin Luther, and Jerry Falwell.


    Luke 10:25-26 And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying. "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life ?" 26 And He said to him, "What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?"


    Jesus did not answer the lawyer by asking him "how does what is written by Robert Schuller, Mother Teresa and Benny Hin read to you?"


    Acts 17:2-3 And according to Paul's custom, he went to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from Scriptures, explaining and giving evidence that Christ had to suffer and rise again from the dead, and saying, "This Jesus whom I am proclaiming to you is the Christ."


    The apostle Paul did not reason from the writings of Max Lucado, Pope John Paul II and John Calvin.


    John 20:30-31 Therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.


    The writings of John McAthur, Jack Van Impe, Bill Hybels and Charles Swindoll were not written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ.


    2 Peter 3:15-16 and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures...


    Peter said Paul's letters were by wisdom from God. Paul's letters were Scriptures.


    Where does Peter say creed books, catechisms, Bible commentaries, books about the Bible, and other writings of men are Scriptures?


    THE BIBLE IS THE ONLY TRUSTWORTHY SOURCE FOR GOD'S TRUTH!


    (All Scripture quotes from: NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE)
    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete