Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Inspiration May: Day 26



Lately, I have had a kick on playing board games all the time. My sister, my boyfriend, and I are in a 2 day battle in Monopoly. I already played it once this week and beat my boyfriend. Pretty much at least once a week, and usually more than that, we will play board games. I know it is probably a crazy idea, but board games do inspire me. They bring family and friends together to enjoy time together. With so much technology in the world, everyone is either looking down at their phones and tablets or watching tv. Many times, kids will learn skills that they can use at school and in the real world. I know in the game of Monopoly we are playing (it's a newer version where we used cards instead of cash) you have to do a good bit of Math: counting spaces to move, adding the dice totals together, determining the interest on a mortgage, figuring out how much you can spend on buying property and houses, etc. my advice to everyone, take a night out one week and play a game with your family. You will remember how fun it is being together and doing something together, even when it gets a little competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment