Sunday, May 18, 2014

Inspiration May: Day 18

Many people might think I am a little weird for today's inspiration when they first see the picture, but hopefully you will read on to see why it inspires me.


Today was a rainy day for the most part here where I live. Most people do not like the rain for many reasons, me included. It is impossible to dress nice for church with a raincoat on and carrying an umbrella. I probably looked like a fool today in my new heels trying to carry take out boxes from a church luncheon fundraiser, my purse, my Bible, my umbrella, and my keys in my hands. But today I thought about how refreshing the rain is. It is a free car wash from God. It renews and restores life in nature. It is an example of how Jesus is in our lives. As a Christian, we love living in the sunshine and having our good days where life seems perfect and nothing could go wrong. But, Jesus brings the rain and the days are just dreary where everything that could go wrong does go wrong. The amazing part is that after the rain, the air is clearer, flowers burst with new color, and it provides a clean atmosphere outside. That is the same way when Jesus brings the rain in our lives. We see things clearer as we begin to see God's Will and understand why He sent the rain. We begin to have new life with Him (especially true for those who just become Christians) and focus on Him instead of the world or ourselves. He restores our pain and fills us with His goodness. He gives us a new start and forgives us of our sins. I mean, how great is it to walk outside and take in the cool crisp air after it has rained!? My favorite part after the rain is when you drive down the mountain to Leesburg, and you see the mountains straight ahead. You can see every curve and line that God made, and it is so awesome to see His creation like that. So next time it rains, let the rain inspire you. Rest. Take a nap. Breathe in God's wonderfulness. Trust me, afterwards you will love what God has planned for your life.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Chelsea Dutton. Good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am so glad to stop by your blog "From College to Teacher" and the post on it " Inspiration May:Day 18". It is a very encouraging, inspiring, life renewing ,refreshing and strengthening. Very powerful lesson from rain and its spiritual application to our lives. I am blessed to know you and your Christian testimony. Well let me share what our church in Mumbai, India has to offer to the young people as well as adults from the West. Our church encourages young people as well as adults f rom the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor to share the good news of Jesus Christ to give to them new life, hope and future. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We would love to have you come to work with us in the slums of Mumbai during your summer/ Christmas vacation. Looking forward to hear form you very soon. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete