Monday, May 12, 2014

Inspiration May: Day 11

I know that it is about an hour after midnight, which means I am late posting this, but I have spent my day with some amazing mothers today for Mother's Day: my mom, my grandma, and my boyfriend's mom. So, in honor of Mother's Day, my inspiration today is my momma.


Above are just a few snapshots of my mom throughout the years. During my younger years until I was about in 7th grade, my mom was a stay-at-home mom while my dad worked at a hardware type store. It was great having mom at home every day as a young child. During Junior High, she was a sub at the school my brother, sister, and I attended as it was a K-12 school. She was consistently subbing for someone every day, so she was always around. Once my dad was called full-time into the ministry, a couple of years later my mom became his full-time assistant, and they are working those jobs today. I come from a very large family as both of my parents are 1 of 6 kids. (Bless my grandmas' hearts!) My mom is a twin, so we are very close to her twin sister and many family members on her side (and a few on my dad's side as well).

During my teen years, like most teenagers, we would fight and of course I always thought I was right and knew everything. Now that I have tasted a little bit of the real world by living away from home for college and getting a job and searching for one all while balancing my personal life, spiritual life, and finances, I can see the things she taught me earlier in life were true and that I probably should have paid more attention to what she was saying.

I have been blessed to have grown up in a Christian home where I was taught at an early age about God and shown His love through my parents. They taught me right from wrong and helped to lead me to Christ at the age of 7. I had just gotten out of the bathtub after taking a bath with my mom when she helped in leading me to Jesus in November of 1997. My mom has a great sense of humor and loving, compassionate, and forgiving heart to others.

I know I am far from perfect, but I am grateful that God picked me to be be Wendell and Marcille's daughter. I love you mom, and I hope you had a great Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment