Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Inspiration May: Day 21

Today my boyfriend and I went to the movies. There are so many good movies out now at the end of school and start of summer vacation, so we had a hard time decided which one to see. My inspiration for today is the movie that many liberals have commented as anti-feminist and really shot it down.


Just a little background on the movie: It was filmed in Alabama (mostly in the metro-Birmingham area). It's about a stay-at-home mom who plans a night out with 2 of her friends, who are also moms. The dad's are left in charge of taking care of the kids. Well, lots of mishaps occur, but it is a clean, comedy movie for the family that includes Christian values. This movie inspires me because lately I have been down and out about some things. A few weeks ago, if you remember, I read "You're Already Amazing" by Holley Gerth and it talked about how God loves us as He made us. Trace Adkins plays a tough biker guy (Bones) but is a softy at heart. He reveals this same message to the main character who feels stressed out and like she just isn't good enough for her husband, kids, church, friends, etc., but Bones tells her she doesn't feel good enough for herself but she is enough for God and He thinks she was amazing enough to be her kids mommy and her husbands wife. It was a great reminder to me during times when I don't feel enough to remind me that I am enough for God. If you haven't see. This movie, especially if you are a mom, I recommend you to do it. Go see it with your gal pals or your daughter(s). It is a great and inspiring movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment