Saturday, May 17, 2014

Inspiration May: Day 17

Today my inspiration comes from a woman who is very near and dear to my heart.


My grandma has always been my biggest supporter my whole life. I have always been her little girl since the day I was born because I was somewhat of a miracle baby and was born the day right before her birthday. She has spoiled me rotten throughout the years, but my most favorite times spent with her don't really cost anything. As a young kid, I would stay with her a during the day. I loved climbing the dogwood tree in her front yard and absolutely refused to come out when mom or dad would come pick me up. My favorite art craft involved coffee filters, markers, and a spray bottle with water. I would doodle all over a million filters, and then grandma would give them a little spray and hang them up to dry outside. I started to learn to love to cook as we made homemade biscuits, cakes, cupcakes, icing, cookies, and brownies together. When she looked away, I would definitely have my fingers in the icing, batter, or biscuit dough. I still do it today when mom cooks. My grandma has lived a very long life as she is now in her 90s. Whenever a new grandbaby is born in the family, she does her best to make a blanket for the baby. For most of my life, she has been the only grandparent I have had. Both of my grandpas passed away before I was born, and my maternal grandma passed away before I was 10 (and I loved her dearly as well). My grandma is my inspiration because she worked hard to provide for her family, remained faithful to her husband even after the many years he has gone on to Heaven, and loves unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment