Monday, May 5, 2014

Inspiration May: Day 5

Well, here we are on Day 5 of our inspirational month. I decided to tap in on my creative side into something that inspires me in many ways.
Paint! I am definitely not the most creative person, but I do enjoy painting. It is very relaxing and I always feel good after I accomplish a painting. If you read one of my previous posts, you will remember that I get many of my ideas for painting from Pinterest. There is just something fun about expressing yourself through many different colors and creating something that you are proud of. I have bought wall art before and some pieces have gotten torn or broken. When you make something, you are able to take ownership in it. I take much better care of the paintings, and crafts, I create because they mean more than just a canvas with paint on it.
This is a painting I made for my sister's birthday when I was in college. It was the first painting I did that I gave someone.
This is a painting I made for my sister's friend that she gave her for her birthday. It was the first painting I made and received money for.
This is a painting I made for my brother. I was experimenting with different medias to use on canvases, so this isn't my best work. But sometimes you just don't know what it will look like until you experiment.
The two pictures above are the first 2 paintings I made when I was in college. I was in the community service sorority Gamma Sigma Sigma. I made one of the paintings to put on my wall at my college dorm and the other was a gift for my little.
This is a painting that my brother, sister, and myself  made for our mom for Mother's Day in 2012.
This is a painting I made for my boyfriend's sweet mother for her birthday last year. It is one of her favorite verses.
I know that when you first see this, you are probably thinking "That's not paint!" I actually painted the canvas using multiple colors so that the background would be the blue I wanted. I got the idea for this canvas from reading Proverbs 31. This chapter in the Bible talks a lot about how to be a Godly woman. I cut out words from magazines (a great way to make a witness out of secular magazines) that went along with what Proverbs 31 said and modge-podged them down. I also used various stickers to add a little sparkle.
This is my latest painting. Chevron is the new pattern, so I really wanted to try it out along with using a Bible verse. This was my first experiment using paint markers, so I hope to improve as I get used to them. I used this verse with my boyfriend in mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment