Friday, May 23, 2014

Inspiration May: Day 23

For my second post of the day, I choose a special group of people who go day in and day out to help others, many times without a reward or thank you.


Nurses are so special in our society. Recently a young child in the community was diagnosed with leukemia, and it got me to thinking about all the sweet nurses who go out of their way and job description to help others. Anyone can be a nurse - go to college and learn all the medical information - but it takes a very special person to be a great nurse. I hear of wonderful stories about children who go to St.Judes, Children's, or the children's unit in hospitals where the nurses will decorate the rooms, constantly be by their sides through it all, make taking medicine like a game, and make being in the hospital less stressful. They inspire me to be a better person and to go out of my way to help others. To all the nurses in my lives: love you all and appreciate everything you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment