Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Inspiration May: Day 7

Last night on Facebook, I saw a very disturbing video about a girl who worked at an abortion clinic who created a video publicizing her experience. She actually bragged about doing it saying that she was in awe that she could create life. I wonder if she is in awe that she ended an innocent life as well. A baby who God created for a purpose, but she ended his/her life all because she made irresponsible choices and didn't want to live with the consequences and allow the child to be a blessing. So my inspiration today is March of Dimes.


March of Dimes helps parents and families of premature babies. Many years ago when children where born prematurely, there was little to no chance that they would survive. Now, thanks to March of Dimes, most children survive and thrive! Money goes toward research to find the best ways to help young babies and their families. In college, when I was in Gamma Sigma Sigma, this was one of our biggest philanthropies that we helped sponsor. I enjoyed raising money for the cause. One year, I raised over $1000 getting my family, friends, church, and high school involved. I also loved doing the walk as well with many people who wanted to the support the cause and people who were positively impacted by March of Dimes. If you would like to donate to the cause, visit the March of Dimes website here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment