Wednesday, June 12, 2013

You are ______.

Quick! Fill in the blank. What do you feel/think you are? Before I began my daily devotional readings in "You're Already Amazing" by Holley Gerth, I would have answered it with imperfect, unimportant, along with other words to that would define me as "not good enough." God thinks different of us though.

  • You're amazing.
  • You're enough.
  • You're beautiful.
  • You're wanted
  • You're chosen.
  • You're called.
  • You've got what it takes, not just to survive but to change the world.
When I read those words, I'll admit it. I blushed. I shook my head in disbelief. I thought to myself, "This person doesn't even know me." But God does. And that is exactly how God sees me. When He looks at me, He says "She is loved, accepted, and valued. She is created just the way I wanted her to be." We don't have to work harder to try and be better. God loves us as He made us. He made us uniquely and specifically how He intended us to be.

God took His perfect Son and made Him broken so that we can be whole. I have had my fair share of feeling broken, but reading these words really hit me. When I stumble or am feeling down, I always assume that it is because I have done something wrong and it's God's way of punishing me. Well, that isn't always the case. Many times we experience brokenness because we are human and God allows us to experience certain situations to learn and grow from to provide healing and encouragement to others.

Now, let's start over. Fill in the blank. What do you feel/think you are? For me, I am a child God and daughter of the King who has been fearfully and wonderfully made.



Much of this post was referenced and used from "You're Already Amazing" by Holley Gerth.

No comments:

Post a Comment