Saturday, November 10, 2012

No Longer Waiting

Lately, I have been struggling with my personal walk with Christ as I see friends being in love and getting engaged. Don't get me wrong. I am excited and happy for their happiness and for them finding love. It's just sometimes when you reach the end of your college career your Aunt Suzy starts asking you at family events "When are you getting hitched?" Sometimes it causes me to wonder if God has someone for me or if He even cares.

Jeremiah 31:3 says, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." Why in the world should I be sitting around waiting for love when I have an everlasting, unending, unfailing, bountiful love with Christ? His love could never match that of any man's! So now, I am no longer waiting on a man. Why should I? I want to fall so in love with Jesus that I never feel like I need a man to complete me. Yes, I would like to find a Godly man, but I want to be so in love with Christ that a man must fall in love with Him too so we can find each other through Christ. And if there is not guy for me, then I am totally okay with that because Christ's love is greater than all other love, and it will always be enough for me!

God loves me, and I am precious in His sight. Isaiah 43:4 says, "That's how much you mean to me! That's how much I love you! I'd sell off the world to get you back, trade the creation just for you." It is so powerful to know that the One who created me loves me more than anything and would do everything in His power to show how much He loves and desires me. My prayer is that I, and all women, follow God's Word to guide me as I fall in love with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment